7 steps to healthy hair
Healthy hair is a full time job, I cut my hair because it was so damaged that there was no point in keeping it or saving it. I had to do some research on how to grow heathy hair, It has been 2 months now and my hair has never been healthier. So, when growing hair you need to treat it as if you were growing a plant (More or less).
These tips are for all races and all types of hair 😊
- Sleep on silk: Use a silk night bonnet or a silk pillow case before going to bed. The smooth texture of silk will help keep your hair smooth, rather than cotton that sucks the moist off your hair and roughs it.
- Keep your hair clean: Keeping your hair clean doesn’t mean washing your hair everyday with shampoo. The less you use shampoo, the more you peserve your hair’s natural oil. Create a regime that you stick too. What I do is I wash my hair with only conditioner every 3rd day and every 9th day with shampoo and deep conditioner.
- Keep it cold: Extreme heat can not only damage your hair but also blast the volume. Use cold water to wash, skip the blowdryer and the flatiron, or avoid it as much as possible.
- Moisturise: Moisturise your scalp regulary to create an healthy foundation for your hair to grow. Again, create a regime on when you do it and stick to it.
- Eating healthy: Yes, what you put in your mouth can also effect your hair growth, choose the right food and snacks.
- Take your vitamins: Take the right kinds of vitamins, minerals, herbs and amino acids to boost your hair shine and growth. At the moment I’m taking vitamins A and C, Calcium and iron.
- Get regular trims: Trim your hair regularly to prevent the splits.
My hair is a lot longer now (than on photo this).